Saturday, November 3, 2012

Progress...



Can someone PLEASE tell me why as soon as I'm lying on my back on the kitchen floor my kids feel the desire to text me?

I feel like I accomplished a lot today.  I spent all day priming fiddley bits like around my oven and the toe kick.

For the life of me, I could not figure out the best way to paint around the stove.  Truth be told, it is one of the reasons I have not tackled this project before.  I asked DH what he thought I should use.  He said an artists brush.  Yes, an ARTISTS brush!  Have I mentioned he is brilliant!  It worked like a charm.  I'm not sure how else you could get into the little tiny places with anything but.


I have almost the entire bottom DONE!  The oven looks so much better without the fake brown woodgrain around it.  It BLENDS beautifully.

I also primed the ends of the island.

The topless old set of drawers which will live here and extend the island.  It was really classy with the grease pencil markings on raw particle board don't you think?



Primed.  I still have some holes to fill but I like to prime first


And the other side of the island that is REALLY hard to photograph.



No comments:

Post a Comment